Gone are the days when we were together,
When we would hug and hold each other.
We would laugh and cry and sing and dance,
We would stare at each other or just merely glance.
And when we knew that come what may,
Neither of us would ever part our ways.
Left behind is the time when I would hold your hand,
And walk beside you on the warm beach sand.
I cherish the mornings when you would wake me up,
With a smile on your face, holding a tea cup.
You would feel sorry as the toast did burn,
OH! How I wish for those days to return.
I can still see your face before you left,
My heart ached as you wept.
Your eyes were filled with agony,
"I'll be there", you promised me.
You were dead tired before you went,
All worn out and oh so spent!
Struggling every moment to live some more,
"I'll be watching", to me, you swore.
Now, I remember those moments on my death bed,
Awaiting to meet you on the other end.
I know that a new beginning follows my death,
And a smile spreads on my face as I take my LAST BREATH..........!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment